Top Ten Anti-crazy list
How are we surviving the 5 days until Ev and Keith undergo major surgery?
|"I'm excited transplant is soon, Momma."|
10) Pull frozen meals out of the freezer or thank friends when they bring the warm kind. Hot dogs also a winner.
9) Blog feelings; don't vomit them onto strangers to explain spontaneous tears.
8) Avoid public places. No illnesses allowed. Don't apologize for total germ phobia. Even if it looks like crazy, it isn't. I think.
7) Don't clean the house. Gratefully accept generous family members gifting housecleaning for a couple months.
6) Walk to the grocery store and let kids walk at their own pace. Twice as long, twice as peaceful.
5) Ask for an in-home hair stylist referral. Thank friend who brings stylist to home (first trim I've had in 9 months).
4) Listen to a 5 year old's silly stories. Be sure to catch the cute smile of satisfaction at the end.
3) Sing "Where is Thumpkin?" with one's 2 year old in the hospital cafeteria because she wants to. Loudly if necessary. Even "tall man", just don't look at who's looking.
2) Plan a date night for Sunday afternoon/evening. Select the best babysitter (I have her number if you need it) and the best date in the world (he's my hero).
1) Don't finish lists.
|Just plain crazy|
|Administrator of beauty|
|Chief Silly Officer|
|Always playing it cool|
|The best man I know.|